Vision and dreams are the blueprints of soul and achievements.
-Mohammed Ahmed F

English Grammar Tips

Folks,

Should or Shall? 

The main use of ‘should’ is for giving advice or making a recommendation.

You should read this post carefully.


You use ‘should’ for past meanings and never ‘shall’.

I thought I should tell you this.

‘Should have’, often shortened to ‘should’ve’ is used to express regret.

I should’ve studied harder.


‘Shall’ is used for offers.

Shall I pick you up from the airport?


‘Shall’ is sometimes still used for talking about the future, but in most cases it’s best to use ‘will’.

I shall stop soon. = I will stop soon.

-Chief Administrative Officer.

Share this

Related Posts

Dear User,

Thank you for your comment. Hope you like this blog. Kindly share us on Social Media so others can be updated.

-Chief Administrative Officer.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.